Friday, May 7, 2010

Border Patrol

This morning we left Thunder Bay at 9:00 right on the dot and headed over to Robin's Donuts for some much needed caffeine. As we were in the drive thru I decided to take some pictures of Jerome at the signs and while I was doing that I was also trying to drive around the corner to pick up our drinks and almost ran into the curb. Jerome unfortunately hit his head off of the windshield. We were all kind of surprised but we then happily drove off with our caffeine.

We started driving and decided to learn some Chinese which we thought would be appropriate because it is Jerome's native tongue. I ended up making a bunch of noises and said things I didn't understand, but now I can stay Hello in Chinese.


We then decided that we were feeling hungry, so we pulled into a Pulp Check Stop where many logging trucks drive into and we ate our egg salad sandwiches that my grandma made for us. We thought it would be important to get some excercise, so we danced around to Enrique. I think some of the truckers thought we were a little crazy.


We kept driving some more and went to Emo Ontario and blasted the emo song called Boulevard of Broken dreams. We had quite a bit of fun there and visited a cute little chapel called the Norlund Chapel. Apparently it can fit up to 8 people but it seemed a lot smaller to me.


We then arrived at the border to the US and were very excited to be going on an international adventure! I have never had so many questions asked of me at the border! Some of these questions included: Where do you go to school?, What is your major? Where were your apples grown? The guy then asked me to empty my pockets and I pulled out 5 or so Lactaid wrappers. He was perplexed so I told him I had Lactose Intolerance. It was clear we were just making small talk at this point, so I asked him if he got many people going through this border checkpoint. All in all, we made a new friend and we got to enter the good ol' United States of America. We drove around Baudette Minnesota looking for a place to stay and we came across the Baudette Motel. It is only $45 dollars a night AND we get wireless. The place smells a bit and has a light that looks strangely like a hospital room, but all in all it has been fun. Celina even made Kraft Dinner for us in the kettle pot gadget. Tomorrow we are going to Winnipeg Manitoba so that should be fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment