Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's not CAMPING...It's KAMPING!

What a long day! We made it to Sault Ste Marie around dinner time and quickly set up our tent so we could go and eat hot dogs! It's 9:00 pm and it's still light out here, but I imagine I will want to go to bed pretty soon.


We had an early start this morning...that could be why I forgot the propane for our camp stove, so we stopped in at Home Hardware in Huntsville and ended up buying all of their propane...4 small tanks in all!






Jerome throughly enjoyed our little adventure!

We drove and we drove and ended up in North Bay for lunch where we decided to eat at a picnic table right outside of Country Style. We sported our foam visors, our decorated fanny packs and our rape whistles. I don't think North Bay knew what hit them!

Now we are all checked into the KOA where everything is spelled with a K...KAMPING KITCHEN, KAMP GROUND...it's too much! We were enjoying the campground until the owner decided to close the kitchen just as we were about to wash our pot...I'm pretty sure he thinks we stole his pot so I hope we get it back tomorrow...otherwise our propane won't be much use if we don't have anything to cook with. Tomorrow we have 697 km to drive to Thunder Bay. I don't mind though cause I can look forward to a bed, a shower and fooooood!

No comments:

Post a Comment