Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I am tired

YAWN. Today has been a long day. Probably one of our longest and to top it all off we got to drive straight for 8 whole hours! I'm not complaining though because we are in Calgary and I get to see Heather!!! This morning we woke up at our usual 7 o'clock and headed down to the free breakfast at the Comfort Inn. All was well as I heated up some french toast in the microwave. I then scouted out the area looking for a place to sit down and enjoy my warm meal when, much to my dismay, all the seats had been occupied by middle aged people. We were then told that "another room" was open to sit in. A conference room to be exact. It was at this point I realized that we had been exiled. Celina and I quietly ate our meals and were happy when we could leave the large empty room. We then hit the road and ended up driving and driving some more.
We stopped for lunch at some gas station in Saskatchewan and decided to sit in Kevin because of the wind gusts and the cool air. While we were parked Celina and I decided to people watch and were watching a middle aged man in particular. This man was standing outside the bathroom for quite some time and kept eyeing our license plate. A few minutes later he went into the washroom for a really long time so Celina thought it might be fun to take a picture of him when he came out. As he came out, he looked at us in the car, at which point he starting making his way towards us. I thought he had seen the camera but the man came up to the closed window and said, "Where in Ontario are you from?" We had never been so nervous as I thought he was going to chastize us for taking his picture. Now we have photographic evidence so we can remember this day forever and ever.
We arrived in Calg around 5:30 and were greeted by rush hour traffic. I was quite proud of myself for driving in it. We were both really happy to get to Heather's house and see her wonderful family. We had a great dinner and then we went grocery shopping. Tomorrow we are planning on going to Banff and then we will be going to BC!

No comments:

Post a Comment