Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bungee Jumping

Today was a beautiful sunny day in Whistler. We started off our day making pancakes on the stove in our room and then we met Lise who is a family friend that drove from Vancouver just to see us :) We walked around Whistler village which is so beautiful and quaint, then we headed over to the gondola and went up the mountain! To get to the top of the mountain we had to first take the gondola then we had to take a chairlift. We even saw bears from the gondola. I would rather see them from afar then see them up close! Once we got to the top of the mountain we walked around but there was a lot of snow so we were walking pretty slowly. We took quite a few pictures but since it was so sunny our eyes were almost closed in a lot of them. On the way down on the chairlift we decided to do random acts of kindness, so we waved at all the people who were going up the mountain. We got lots of waves back and even a "Hello ladies" from a guy haha. It was great fun. Then we went and looked in all the different shops once we got back to the Whistler village. While we were shopping, Heather and I found these amazing racoon hats that we just had to have. For the rest of the day, we walked around with cute racoons on our heads.
At this point we were trying to figure out what to do and we brainstormed for a bit. Then I mentioned that there was a bungee jumping place nearby that might be fun to go to. I was the only one that wanted to jump so I called the phone number. As I was booking the appointment I was starting to chicken out thinking "what have I got myself into." We drove to the bungee jumping place which was just out of town and were greeted by a LONG, TALL bridge. The people there were great and really put me at ease. I signed away my life and got harnassed in and I was ready to jump. Of course, I was pretty nervous!


The man told me that he would count down from 5 and on 1 I would jump. Usually whenever someone gets to 1 I just chicken out and say "I'll go in a few minutes" but this time I just leaped!



I can't really describe the feeling of the fall. It just went by so fast. The first time that I flew back up was quite scary as well, but after that it was a nice ride. I thought to myself, if I fall now the river is right below me so I could just swim to shore. Luckily I didn't need to do that and I had the time of my life!


1 comment:

  1. I sooo would not have had the guts to jump. Very impressed! Also, I'm glad you have not been eaten by any bears :)

    ReplyDelete