Saturday, May 29, 2010

Last Post of the Trip

Well, we are one day away from coming home. It has been a wonderful trip and I know that I have so many memories to last me my lifetime!
A few days ago we arrived in Shaunavon Saskatchewan and visited my friend Jesse from Carleton. Her town is very small so she knew everyone that we saw. She showed us around and then we went to her farm. She had told me that she lived on a farm, but I didn't realize it was in the middle of no where! We drove down unpaved roads and finally arrived at her cute home. Her family was so nice and we felt very welcomed. We had a great time catching up over dinner and tea later in the evening. The next day Heather took the bus back to Calgary and Celina and I hit the road for North Dakota.
Our drive was quite pleasent. The sun was shining and the weather was warm. We always seem to have an interesting time getting through the border however. The border guards never really seem to believe us that we are on a roadtrip of Canada. The man asked us if we had dead bodies in the car. I told him we didn't but he searched Kevin anyway. We drove into a little town called Kenmare, got groceries and checked into a side of the road motel. It was very clean and a great price. Our neighbour's name was Rico and he was a contractor from Texas but I was careful not to tell him too much information about ourselves.
The next day we drove to Baudette Minnesota and checked into the Baudette Motel once again. It felt just like home since we had passed through there on our way to BC.
Yesterday we drove from Baudette to Thunder Bay and stayed with my grandparents again. They greeted us with a steak dinner which was SO lovely. Celina and I watched a show about Celine Dion that my grandparents had taped and we had a lot of fun mimicking the moves that Celine makes on stage. After that we went to bed because we were really tired.
Today we drove and we drove and it felt like we would never get to Sault Ste Marie. We went to Wendy's for dinner because it was 7:30 by the time we got to the Sault. We then drove to the Howard Johnson where we had a reservation. The hotel looks like it was a former juvenile detention centre. I was afraid of getting mugged in the parking lot. The room is dirty and I can see little bits of food on the floor. I have already written an e-mail to them so hopefully I will hear back :) Well, it has been a pleasure writing about our trip and thanks so much for reading my blog. Hopefully I will keep it updated with life's daily events, but for now, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment